From the Super Bowl to the Back Nine: Best Travel Cigar Sampler Ideas
As an avid cigar smoker, you’re probably an expert cigar connoisseur, meaning you’ve tried everything from Cohiba Dominicans and Arturo Fuentes Don Carlos to Romeo & Julieta and La Gloria Cubana. You might even have a preferred cigar that you stick to for its robust taste or woodsy aroma. That’s why when you’re traveling to a big event like the Super Bowl or a golf outing, a cigar sampler is a perfect way to expand your cigar palette and introduce a few comparable cigars that are just as flavorful.
Italians say, “Conosco i miei sigari,” while Cubans say, “Conozco mis cigarros,” which means “I know my cigars”. For die-hard aficionados, choose a sampler that’s flavorful and includes different wrappers and strengths.
Here are a few great cigar samplers you’ll want to try:
1. Oliva 12-Pack Cigar Sampler
To experience a truly remarkable blend of cigars, try the most sought-after Oliva 12-Pack Cigar Sampler.
The Oliva family name is world-renown and their cigars are hand-crafted and carefully constructed. With mixed wrapper leaves and 6 different premium types of Olivas, this 12-pack sampler includes 2 of the Reserve, and 2 each of the Serie O, Nub, Serie G, Connecticut Reserve, and Cain Daytona. It’s twice the enjoyment especially given that these Nicaraguans are highly-rated and in high demand.
Customers rave about the Oliva O and the Master Blend No. 3 (MB3) is excellent with its nutty and slightly spiced transition. For milder cigars to have with morning coffee, reach for the Connecticut.
2. Montecristo Lovers 5-Pack
While aficionados all have their favorites, a great choice for cigar samplers is the Montecristo Lovers Edition II.
Montecristos date back to 1935 Cuba and having 5 of the finest Montecristos in your hand will make it hard to decide which to select first. All flavorful and backed by one of the finest cigar brands, this cigar sampler includes:
1 Red (full-flavored), and 1 each of the Original (mellow), Afrique, Platinum (luxury) and the White (even more luxurious).
Whether you’re enjoying these yourself or sharing them with friends and family or clients during your travels, customers have said these are perfect, 5-star, outstanding smokes. Ranging from smooth and relaxing to outright bold and exceptional, they each embody the Montecristo name and have consistent draws and fantastic construction.
3. Create Your Own Sampler
To fine tune your palette and find new cigar favorites to travel with, we’ve included a few recommendations:
- The medium-bodied, Dominican Fuente Opus X The Lost City has spiced cedar and pepper notes with a decadent creaminess and caramel that’s mouth-watering.
- Davidoff’s Nicaragua Toro has a Nicaraguan wrapper, binder, and filler. While spicy with salty notes, the mellow- to medium-bodied cigar is smooth and creamy, while not too complex.
- The full-bodied Rocky Patel Fire is a Nicaraguan with Habano wrapper and notes of graham cracker, toast, brown sugar, cinnamon, and molasses. It has a spiced taste, consistent flavor, nice draw, and great burn.
- The milder Oliva Connecticut Reserve with Nicaraguan filler and Connecticut wrapper has a mild taste, good burn and draw, and has notes of cedar, vanilla, pepper, and anise.
- The Padron (1964) Anniversary Series with maduro wrapper, is rated 5-Stars and has a 94 Cigar Aficionado rating. Medium-strength, the Nicaraguan has a woodsy aroma and nutty cocoa taste with a hint of spice.
The Padron marries well with whiskey, while the Oliva and Opus X can be enjoyed with rum. The Oliva can also pair with coffee or scotch. Try the Davidoff with a Dalmore single malt and pair the Rocky with aged cognac.
With so many exceptional cigars to choose from, try them all and your cigar samplers can be purchased right here at JR Cigars. JR Cigars specializes in the finest premium cigars deals and you can buy cigars online for your upcoming travel or cigar tastings with friends.