The 10 Coolest Cigar Celebrities
- Carlos & Carlito Fuente– This father and son team has been dominating the Dominican cigar world for almost half a century. Their cigar lineage dates back to the early 20th century in Tampa florida, where their headquarters are still located. The creators of the famed Opus X, the Fuente family are pioneers in growing some of the best Dominican wrapper. Donned in their signature fedoras and guayaberas, they are both libraries of cigar knowledge and some of the nicest guys you can meet.
- Pete Johnson- Founder of the famed Tatuaje line, Pete Johnson has become a legend. From rock and roll guitar player to a master blender, he has made his brand one of the most sought after on the market. After travelling to Cuba, Pete tries to make his cigars in the same fashion as the old masters, but with a modern twist. He even incorporated his love of body ink into his business, that’s a boss right there.
- Jonathan Drew and Marvin Samel- These two college friends from Brooklyn, who you would never think could become cigar masters, have taken the world by storm. With their mix of unique blends and a very artistic style urban style, the boys from Drew Estate are now producing more cigars than anyone in Nicaragua. From the five boroughs all the way to Estelí, these two made their dream a reality. And their also just really chill dudes.
- Matt Booth- Boofy baby has done it all. From the marines, to the L.A. rock scene, to fashion & jewelry designer, this man is a titan. His Camacho based brand, Room 101, is incredibly delicious. It has a great mix of interesting blends and really interesting concepts, making a nod to his influential time spent in Japan. With his colorful background and even more colorful personality, Boofy is one of a kind. Seriously, the guy is ridiculous.
- Nick Perdomo- Nick Perdomo is a genius with his product and really knows how to run his business. Not only is he a tobacco prodigy, he has the mind of an engineering master. He runs his entire business out of his factory in Estelí and has made it completely self-reliant. He even makes his own cellophane! Nick is a man that has infinite wisdom, and an infinite amount of jokes.
- Raphael Nodal- Raphael is one of the most interesting people in the industry. His Aging Room line has received riveting reviews and is known for being one of the strongest brands on the market. Yet when you meet the man himself, he is one of the kindest, soft spoken individuals you’ll have the pleasure of meeting. Not only is he a super nice guy, he is an incredibly talented, classical musician. You can see the influence of music on some of his lines such as La Boheme, named after one of his favorite operas. By bringing his artistic musical style to his cigars, he has made Aging Room a household name.
- Robert Caldwell– After meeting Robert, I was sincerely taken aback by the amount of knowledge this guy possesses. He is a true aficionado through and through but also loves to have his concepts and art work completely unique. He mixes traditional 19th century art forms with a modern theme and has created some incredible blends such as Eastern Standard and Long Live the King. After working with Christian Eiroa for a number of years, he brought his extensive knowledge to his own line and has been knocking it out of the park ever since.
- Kyle Gellis– I hate to use the term up and comer because I feel is gives a sense of amateur status, which Kyle is definitely not. He formed his Warped company when he was only 19 years old and has transformed it into the quintessential boutique brand. He believes in keeping with the Cuban traditions and translates that into his delicious blends, with the rare Sky Flower being one of my favorites. With his signature beard and hair, Kyle is definitely on the path to being one of the greats.
- Christian Eiroa- Christian is one of the smoothest guys in the cigar world. He is smart, charming, and a terrific businessman. After selling the famous Camacho brand to Davidoff, he went out and started his own line from scratch and its worked out beautifully for him. With the CLE, Asylum, and Eiroa lines, he has been able to break away from the traditional concepts he used with Camacho and think outside of the box. With blender Tom Lazuka at his side, Christian has created a true gem.
- Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, Jr– Ernesto is a true legend. Hailing from Pinar Del Rio, Cuba, he found his company El Credito in Miami, making some famous brands as La Gloria Cubana and El Rico Habano. After selling them to General Cigar, he again formed his own company from the ground up, now called EPC Cigar Company. He is a real tobacco man and now even has his children involved, developing new great blends like the Inch.