1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
3. Eligibility: The JR Holiday Sweepstakes (referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Massachusetts and Michigan) age 21 or older at time of entry. Employees of Administrator (defined below), JRCigars.com, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes, and their immediate families and persons living in the same households (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law. Void in Massachusetts and Michigan, U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law.
4. Sweepstakes Entry Period and random drawings: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 11/29/2021 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on 12/26/2021 (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”). This Sweepstakes consists of 4 (four) Weekly Prize drawings and one (1) Grand Prize drawing, see chart below.
|Weekly #||Weekly Entry Period begins at 12:00 am ET on:||Weekly Entry Period ends at 11:59 pm ET on:||Random drawing will be conducted on or about:|
Entries received during a given Weekly Entry Period will not be entered into subsequent Weekly Entry Period Prize drawings. All eligible Weekly Entry Period entries will automatically be entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
|Grand Prize Entry Period begins at 12:00 am ET on:||Grand Prize Entry Period ends at 11:59 pm ET on:||Grand Prize random drawing will be conducted on or about:|
5. How to enter: There are two (2) methods of entry during the Sweepstakes Entry Period:
Method #1: Visit https://www.jrcigars.com/sweepstakes and follow all online entry instructions to complete and submit the entry form. Limit one (1) online entry per person per day.
Method #2: Enroll or opt-in to receive emails and/or electronic newsletters from JR Cigar at www.jrcigars.com. You will receive one (1) entry in a given Weekly Entry Period when you sign up to receive the newsletters. Limit one (1) newsletter entry per person during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Online entry and newsletter entry will be referred hereafter as “Entry.” Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deceiving or using other unfair playing practices. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Multiple entrants are not permitted to use the same email address. If the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain more Entries than the limit stated above by using multiple accounts/identities or any other method, all Entries submitted by the entrant will be declared null and void, and the entrant may be disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, wireless, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or via mobile phone transmission or any combination thereof. If you enter using a mobile device, standard data rates may apply from your carrier. In the event of a dispute, entry deemed made by authorized account holder of email address at time of entry or the disputed entry may be disqualified, determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All Entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned or acknowledged.
6. CONSUMER DISCLOSURES: No purchase necessary to enter or win. You have not yet won. Ends: 12/26/2021. Four (4) Weekly Prizes and one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Each Weekly Prize winner will receive $1,000 cash and the Grand Prize winner will receive $5,000 cash and a smoking jacket by Paolo Martorano Bespoke with an approximate retail value of $5,500. Total value of all prizes: $14,500. Odds of winning depend on the total eligible Entries received per drawing. Sponsor: JRCigars.com, Inc., 2589 Eric Lane, Burlington, NC 27215.
Jacket by Paolo Martorano Bespoke prize details: one (1) men’s bespoke (or, if required one made-to-order men’s stock size) velvet smoking jacket. Grand Prize winner will have his/her choice of up to four colors of English velvet fabric. Final jacket color and material are subject to availability and at the sole discretion of Paolo Martorano Bespoke. Production of the jacket will require approximately six (6) weeks following an initial fitting. The initial fitting to take place at the Paolo Martorano Bespoke showroom located at 130 West 57th Street in New York City. Travel to and from the fitting and any travel related expenses are the Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility. Or if the Grand Prize winner is not available for a NYC fitting it may be possible to provide a fitting (during 2022) at another location, to be determined, where Paolo Martorano Bespoke may be conducting a trunk show. Times, dates and locations of available trunk shows in 2022 are to be determined. Or Grand Prize winner can elect to receive a made-to-order stock size jacket instead of the fitting (the Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for furnishing a correct stock size). Paolo Martorano Bespoke or Sponsor cannot be held responsible for the final fit of the made-to-order jacket. If Grand Prize winner elects not to receive the Paolo Martorano Bespoke jacket, he/she will forfeit the jacket portion of the Grand Prize.
Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a corporate check. Limit one (1) Weekly prize per household. No prize substitution allowed. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-assignable. Prize images depicted in advertising and promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only.
7. Winner notification & verification: All random drawings will be conducted by the Administrator whose decisions are final and binding. All potential winners will be notified via email. The Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any returned undeliverable notification or prize. All potential winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and a Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) within seven (7) days of date specified on notification. If an Affidavit is returned as undeliverable, or if the Affidavit is not returned within the date specified on the notification, or if a potential prize winner is otherwise found to be ineligible or cannot accept/receive the prize for any reason, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be notified. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any. Attempts will be made to contact and/or verify up to at least six (6) alternate winners for each unfulfilled prize. After six (6) attempts to verify a winner for the unfulfilled prize fails, the prize may not be awarded. Any attempts to circumvent eligibility requirements to improperly claim a prize are actionable to the full extent permitted by law. Each winner will be required to furnish his/her Social Security number to the Administrator as a condition of receiving a prize, and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of each winner for the prize value awarded. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner.
8. General conditions: By entering, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (iii) release, hold harmless, and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from all claims, losses, injury, damages, and liability arising directly or indirectly or relating to your participation, acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, prize won, voice, video, photo and comments about winning for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (in any and all media including online) worldwide, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notice. You agree not to issue any publicity concerning Sweepstakes Entities without permission of same.
YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
10. Limitation of liability/Arbitration: The Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any promotion it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw, modify, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes) and to select winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to withdrawal or cancellation, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor or Administrator. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual, whether or not an entrant, to deliberately damage, destroy, tamper or vandalize this website or interfere with the operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and diligently pursue all remedies against any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Entrants waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled on an individual basis by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant expressively waives and relinquishes all rights and benefits afforded by California Civil Code 1542 and does so understanding and acknowledging the significance of this waiver. Section 1542 states as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DID NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN, BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES.
11. Winner’s list: For winner’s name (available after 1/18/2022), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 1/18/2022 to the Administrator at: JR Holiday Sweepstakes Winners, Ref: WG, Ventura Associates International LLC, 494 Eighth Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn or Twitter. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter, from all claims and liability related to this Sweepstakes.