Beat The Dealer Terms and Conditions
Beat The Dealer II
Terms and Conditions
2016 – The JR Beat the Dealer Mobile Application
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. WINNER WILL PAY $1 FEE TO RECEIVE PRIZE.
Nature of Mobile Application: Entrants earn free chips to play one game per chip. See Rules below. Dealer and Entrant each receive five cards face down. After dealer reveals one of his cards, entrant taps on one card to turn it over. If his card ties or beats the dealer’s card, the game continues. If all 5 of the entrant’s cards are higher than the dealer’s turned cards, entrant wins the posted daily prize of varying value (“The Daily Deal”). Consolation prizes also are available when the entrant wins the first four card turns, but misses the fifth. See complete rules below.
1. ELIGIBILITY: JR Beat the Dealer begins at 12:00:01 am ET on 8th August, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 31st December, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Beat the Dealer is open (i) to all legal residents of all 50 States of the USA and the District of Columbia, USA Territories,, and Military Bases with an APO address, except residents of Michigan and Massachusetts, (ii) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older by the start of the Promotion Period, and (3) who were cigar smokers as of January 1, 2016. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising, promotion and contest administrators and the immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, and sibling) and persons living in the households of each are not eligible to enter or win the JR Beat the Dealer.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To Enter JR Beat the Dealer you will need to download the mobile application for free from the Apple iTunes store or the Google Play store. Upon opening the app and being age verified, you are eligible to earn chips that will be stored in your online account and are available to play one game per chip. You may earn the following numbers of chips by the following actions: • Opening JR Beat the Dealer application - 2 chips (limited to once daily) • Log in to JR Account – 2 chips (limited to once daily) • Completing your profile – 2 chips (limited to one time only) • Inviting friends to download and open the mobile application– 2 chips (unlimited) • Posting an online review – 2 chips (unlimited) • Share the Daily Deal to Twitter – 1 chip (limited to once daily) • Share the Daily Deal to Facebook – 1 chip (limited to once daily) • Downloading other JR apps – 5 chips (limited to once for each additional app) • Buying the Daily Deal – 20 chips* (limited to once daily) *Free Alternative Method of Entry – To receive 20 chips without a purchase, print the mail-in entry form here and mail it to address listed. Once received, chips will be placed into customer’s account (limited to once daily as determined by a handwritten date on the AMOE). Sponsor reserves the right to vary the number of chips for the various tasks in Section 2, above. Any such change will be posted by midnight for at least one full day. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. NOTE: If more entries are received from one person than permitted by above schedule, regardless of the entry method, ALL entries of that person will be disqualified.
3, HOW TO PLAY JR BEAT THE DEALER: One chip is needed to play. From the “Play Now” introduction screen with 5 face-down cards to play, the Dealer selects 1 card to turn face up as the player chooses one card also. If the card the player selects ties or is higher than the dealer’s, the player will turn another card face up to match the dealer’s card. The game continues as long as player’s cards beat dealer’s cards. If player wins (all five cards tie or beat the dealer’s five cards), the player wins the posted Daily Deal. However if a player wins the first 4 cards in a row and loses the last card, a consolation prize is awarded. If any of the first four cards turned face up by the player loses to one of the dealer’s cards, that game is over. Player can start a new game with another chip.
4. PRIZES and ODDS OF WINNING: Each winner will receive the “Daily Deal” prize that has been posted within the app for that day. Value of the Daily Deal may vary from day to day. The value of the daily prize, which can be purchased to receive 20 chips, will vary. The consolation prize will be a coupon code to be redeemed toward purchases at www.jrcigar.com, but cannot be used to purchase the Daily Deal. JR reserves the right to substitute the consolation prize of equal or greater value. All participants will be verified as to legal age to purchase cigars upon first usage. If any winner resides in a location that does not allow cigars or cigar products to be given as prizes or gifts, Sponsor will provide winner with a coupon code for the value of the prize not exceeding $50. A winner that wins one or more cigars will have to pay a $1 fee to receive the prize in order for the promotion to comply with federal law.
The computer can control the number of potentially winning hands to be played, but the odds can also be affected by the order in which the player turns cards face up, i.e., one player could lose a game with the same five cards that another player can use to win. Odds of winning are at least 1 in 5,000 games. Approximate retail value (ARV) of all prizes is approximately $150,000.00. The actual final value will vary based on the number of Daily Deal winners and consolation prize winners. Each prize is non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prizes is offered. Any winner who cannot be located, or fails to establish eligibility under these rules, or fails to comply with these requirements for any reason, shall forfeit his rights to a prize.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: • The Daily Deal can be bought many times a day, but 20 chips are awarded only once. • The AMOE may be used to obtain 20 chips without purchase only once per day. • Sponsor reserves the right to offer Bonus chips for the various tasks in paragraph 2, above. Any such bonus will be posted by midnight for at least one full day. • JR Cigar reserves the right to suspend a player’s right to play if fraudulent activity is detected, including but not limited to violating the Rules to gain advantage. • JR Cigar reserves the right to cancel the balance of any and all existing chips in a user’s account and/or prevent the user from submitting reviews if JR Cigar believes reviews are being submitted in a manner inconsistent with the good faith purpose of the review incentive program, which includes but is not limited to: Fraudulent Reviews, Spam, Copy and Pasting Similarly Worded Reviews, and other submissions that are not good faith reviews, e.g., random prose; the determination will be at the sole discretion of JR Cigar • JR Cigar reserves the right not to post inappropriate reviews, although chips will be awarded except where the review is so egregious to warrant the entrant’s suspension, including but not limited to, foul, abusive and obscene language, personal attacks, or libelous comments, provided that, a review that is negative, without more, will not usually be a candidate for suspension.
JR Cigar reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Mobile application if Sponsor reasonably believes that error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Mobile application. • JR Cigar reserves the right to not offer the chips detailed on Section 2 for a specific action or reason. • JR Cigar is the final arbiter on issues that arise during the use of the Mobile Application and users agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. • The Mobile Application is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited and as defined above. • Potential Prize winners may be required to sign and return, within ten (10) days from the date of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where permitted, a Publicity Release to use the prize winner's name, voice, picture and/or likeness without compensation for promotion purposes to the extent allowed by law. • Prize winners will be solely responsible for all applicable local, state, or federal taxes. • Chips have no monetary value. • While all care will be taken with chip handling and allocation, no responsibility is taken for users who are not logged in. • JR will not be liable for any malfunction of the application or device, whether through poor network coverage, device failure or technical error relating to the application operation on the device.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, you release Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Mobile Application, from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Mobile Application and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize, and you agree that these entities are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion and/or the awarding of any prize or use of any prize other than as expressly set forth in these Official Rules.
7. AGREEMENT RE DISPUTES: By using the Mobile Application, you agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Mobile Application, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, in the courts of North Carolina; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to reasonable and actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Mobile Application, but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE MOBILE APPLICATION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNERS' NAMES: The names of prize winners will be posted on the Mobile Application for at least 30 days.
10. SPONSOR: JR Tobacco of America Inc. 2589 Eric Lane, Burlington, NC 27215.